Monday, March 22, 2010

Dream Log 20100322

In this dream, I’ve convinced myself that it’s not a dream because I remember doing this very same thing before.

Anyway, it starts out with me using the secret passage in my parents’ house study. There’s not really a secret passage, but in my dream I’ve convinced myself that there is and I didn’t dream it up.

It’s accessed by sliding over my dad’s desk, which in reality weighs a ton, because it’s a solid wood manager’s desk that he was gifted by his former employers. In the dream, there’s a noticeable seam in the carpet where a trap door lay.

Underneath the trap door is a room. In reality, there is space underneath the house for such a room, but there’s not really one. The first thing you see is a bathroom. Since there’s not enough room underneath the house, it’s kind of a half-height bathroom. It was put there by the construction crew. This of course makes little sense as contractors have portapotties, and if there were to build a bathroom underneath the house, they certainly wouldn’t do so with five-foot ceiling and wouldn’t put a full bathroom set in. Or leave it there.

Opposite the illogical bathroom is a set of two bedrooms. Not real bedrooms, but RV-style bedrooms that are really small and basically just a Pullman bed.

Anyway, there’s a couch between the two bedrooms, and when you pull the back forward, there’s a short tunnel leading to…

The Sleep Nymph Zone

The sleep nymph zone is a large empty area underneath the house. In the middle is a giant canopy bed. Or rather, a canopy bed surrounded by other canopy beds. So I crawl to the center canopy bed where the Queen Sleep Nymph resides.

She’s looks like actress Gina Torres. I am aware of this, even in the dream, despite believing 100% that it’s not a dream.

I’m a dream nymph it turns out. It turns out not to be an imaginary creature, but more of a hobby club you belong to, like a secret society or a bridge club. I suspect that dream nymphs perform sandman-like duties, but I’m not sure.

Anyway, I know I had this dream at least twice, because that’s why I thought it was real. And I’m certain that the intricate journey from office study to Dream Nymph Queen was the same both times.

No comments: