Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dream Log 11/23-24/2009

11/23/2009

I am part of this three-man team of thieves. We were straight from Central Casting: The Leader (white, of course), the Muscle (black, of course), and me, the Brains (I'm some sort of linguist). We broke into this skyscraper that President Obama and his posse are visiting. I don't recall at all what we were stealing, because the majority of the dream was based on the escape. We blew up an elevator shaft then used grenades to keep the Secret Service away. We repelled down the shaft, and somehow escaped to the outside, apparently popping up in what appeared to be a bus. We then slipped out of the bus and got into... well, it looked like another bus. We sat patiently, watching for any Secret Service to spot us, but it appeared we were in the clear, until the head agent got out. He was a nasty bastard, the obvious villain of the film. So, whatever we're in (a bus?) is now not a bus, since it's open-air enough for me to be thrown out while we're having a physical altercation. Anyway, I'm not sure if we got away with it, because whatever we stole we didn't have on us. Then again, we were caught if we didn't defeat Bad Man Secret Service Agent.

11/24/2009

I at a college with my parents and Wyatt Halliwell. Wyatt Halliwell is a character on the TV series Charmed, the 3-year-old son of Piper, one of the main characters, who is destined to be the most powerful magical being in all of existence. I think he's supposed to be my little brother. I'm having him orb (magically teleport with a cloud of glowing white orbs) a bus (what's with all the buses?) up a flight of stairs, one level at a time. Now, this is in full view of other people, who I'm trying to explain away that it's just a magic trick. Yes, I'm trying to explain how a 3-year-old is capable of pulling David Copperfield feats of illusion with "Yeah, it's just a magic trick; I don't know how it works." This is why, on the show, magic is so tightly protected from public view.

Anyway, he finally returns to the bus to top of its rightful owner, a fraternity house. How it got up there originally, or was taken down, I don't know. Wyatt is very concerned that giving back the bus will create a too-great consolidation of power. I don't know why. It's actually ironic since on Charmed, Wyatt himself is a great consolidation of power that many factions are concerned about. I don't know why Wyatt is replacing my actual younger brother in this dream. There's no ontological connection between the two.

***SPOILER ALERT FOR CHARMED***
One interesting thing to note is that, during the show's sixth season, Wyatt's younger brother, Chris, at age 22, comes back from the future to save him, while Wyatt is a toddler, while actual matches the respective ages of Wyatt and me (also a Chris). Granted that Chris was neurotic to the point of annoyance about protecting Wyatt and magic and the timeline.
***END SPOILER ALERT***

No comments: