Monday, March 17, 2008

Dream Log 03/01/2008

The dream took place in this school for boys. I want to say I've dreamed about this school before. The cafeteria has been converted into a diner for Parents' Weekend or something. You can tell because tables have been moved so that they're up against dorm room doors, which have the boys' names on them.


The main plot involved me at a university (probably same school for boys) gym whose brick arches begin to collapse. A crane outside alerts us to the fact that this building is going to fall down. There’s a lot of time spent assessing the situation, whether we’re going to collapse downward or sideways. We eventually fall sideways so slowly we’re able to just run out the roof one the building falls down. At one point I think I’ve lost my cell phone, but I find it in the back of my shirt along with some plastic straws, I think. Mom is very glad that I found it, and didn’t have to go searching through the rubble. Which is odd because the reason I was looking for it was that I was trying to call her.

Later on, I’m in my dorm room, which actually resembles my mom's sewing room. I forget what happens there, but eventually we’re leaving and some man is trying to get a homeless drunk to take his place in the room, as a decoy, I suppose. Anyway, my roommate and I also are fleeing. We’ve done a lot of packing, and there’s dozens of bags for us to take, including several gift bags, two of which include holiday decorations, which we’ll need since we’ll be gone so long. They are Fourth of July and Christmas, so apparently it’s at least six months, though in the dream, it didn’t seem so long, like they were adjacent holidays.

No comments: