Monday, March 17, 2008

Dream Log 03/16/2008

It’s actually still the middle of the night. I woke up because of this dream.

I’m working in some kind of grocery store or food plant or something. Desk job, though. Cliff works there, too. (Cliff is a friend of mine from college.)

These seems tied to a previous dream so it may be a nightly recurring dream.

One day, Halley (a friend of mine from high school who I had a crush on) is locked in a box; sort of like a big plastic Rubber-Maid box. It’s shown to us by management. Lord knows why, which is why it's so freaky. In the real world, the visual size of the box is much too small for Halley to fit. There was a clear plastic window in the box where I could see Halley; she barely had enough room to sit. Anyway, my #&@%ing idiot self didn’t do anything at first because no one else seemed to realize this was horrible. I think the first time I did try to do something, but I never got into that panic mode where you do whatever you can, like in Saw.

Anyway, it was on Day 4 that I finally did something. I had bought a knife, so I left my place all self-righteously. This was after tapping the clear glass and having Halley clearly fearing for her life. I had to walk a long way to get to my desk (in a line), through rooms with conveyor belts and a lot of foodstuff (which is the only reason I knew it was a grocery store or whatever). I pass Cliff on the way back, as he ducks into some employee-only area. I come back with a knife, hoping to find someone to saw my way out. Anyway, I arrive and Halley’s already been released by Logan (a girl I knew in high school, though not that well), Jeff (a guy I knew from high school, better than Logan, but not really that well either), and one other person (I’m assuming another person from high school). They used a knife to unscrew the screw in the box. I feel helpless, like a #&@%ing idiot because I didn’t do anything sooner, and sort of sad that I didn’t play hero earlier. Anyway, the only thought that I had on the way was that she would have had to wet and soil herself these past few days.

She seems rather not shaken, though relieved to get out. She’s chatting easily. Jeff makes fun of how she’s wet and soiled herself, though her clothes seem clean, including her jeans. There’s some mess in the bottom, but not a lot. She comments, “That’s the first time I couldn’t breathe.”

Kind of freaky. Really freaky.

No comments: