Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dream Log 05/20/2008

It may or may not have started in the juvenile prison yard episode of Standoff that I watched last night.

The first part I remember is being in a large, fancy hotel, wearing a wedding dress. In this dream, I may have been female, because this didn’t strike me as strange. My wedding is coming up in the next day or so. Probably it’s later. Anyway, I’m roaming around, looking at the band stand or something. Perhaps it’s for the reception.

I think this was a self-aware dream, because I knew I was out of place. I didn’t know why I was getting married, so I was trying to figure this out.

Anyway, I get into the elevator. I have no idea what floor I’m on, but I somehow deduce that it’s floor 76. It’s partially a guess, and sort of figured out the same way Internet history is figured out.

In the elevator, I look at myself in the mirror, and it begins to dawn on me something is wrong, because my (male) haircut doesn’t look good in the wedding dress.

I walk around floor 76. I find a room, called the “Enjoyment Room” or something. On side is a billiards table area and the other is a small theater. I then find the entrance to a restaurant, where I ask about my room. I’m looking for either “Christopher Verdery” or “Christopher Dunn.” Another realization of why would my last name change if I'm male?

At this point, I’m assuming it’s the Honeymoon Suite, so he directs me to Room 34. When I find it, there’s a big push-lever on the door. It says something weird, like “Emergency Exit,” which begins to spark the realization that this is a dream, and the dream is trying to fix that, but it can’t replace the memory. I begin to realize that I’m probably in the future.

So, I go in, and there are my parents and Marcus and Tara. They’re eating cake and I’m a little jealous. (Cake is a recurring theme lately.) So, I go to one of the rooms to change out of the wedding dress. Inside, I see a minister in the mirror. But he’s not really there. He’s actually a ghost or something. He doesn’t realize I can see him. I try to hit him, but to no avail. I then begin to suspect that he’s gay and that he’s been inhabiting me for a while, which is why I’m wearing a wedding dress.

I then walk in the room, about the break the news. Inside the dream, I’m imagining scenarios where the guy tries to kiss me and I block him. Or maybe Mr. Dunn is a hot chick parading around in a tuxedo and this is some game. Regardless, I go back to the bedroom and start to write about this dream. My laptop starts instantly so in the dream, I figure I left it on. But something doesn’t feel right, so I wake up for real.

No comments: